By David Greig
The Architect charts the increase and fall of Leo Black, as soon as an idealistic and idolised dressmaker, whose incredible visions are actually crumbling, together with his kin, within the gentle of grubby fact.
"Provides convincing facts of David Greig's convinced transition from a dramatist of promise to at least one of stature." (Independent)
Read Online or Download The Architect (Modern Plays) PDF
Similar british & irish drama & plays books
Anthony Neilson's performs accumulated in a single volumeIncludes the performs: general "a tight, strong, three-hander. .. accomplished with a feeling of self-discipline and thematic strength" (Guardian), Penetrator "This is without doubt one of the blackest, funniest and such a lot surprising comedy dramas you'll ever see" (Sunday Times), 12 months of the relatives "His writing is as tight and brave as ever.
At paintings within the Early sleek English Theater: Valuing hard work explores the economics of the theater via studying how drama seeks to make experience of adjusting conceptions of work. With the expansion of trade and marketplace kin in 16th- and seventeenth-century England got here the corresponding degradation and exploitation of staff, a lot of whom made their frustrations identified via petitions and pamphlets.
It is from time to time like this i am encouraged by means of The Stupendous Santini. He toured the mid-West in the course of the Nineteen Thirties, enjoyable farmers laid low with the airborne dirt and dust Bowl. not anyone could have remembered him have been in no longer for the truth that in the course of his most famed trick – sword swallowing – he by accident punctured a lung and died instantaneous.
Appropriating Shakespeare: A Cultural historical past of Pyramus and Thisbe argues that the colourful, transformative heritage of Shakespeare’s play-within-a-play from A Midsummer Night’s Dream throughout 4 centuries permits us to work out the best way Shakespeare is used to either create and critique emergent cultural developments.
- Contemporary Black British Playwrights: Margins to Mainstream
- The Hen Night Epiphany (Oberon Modern Plays)
- National Theatre Connections 2013: The Guffin; Mobile Phone Show; What Are They Like?; We Lost Elijah; I'm Spilling My Heart Out Here; Tomorrow I'll Be ... Forty-Five Minutes (Plays and Playwrights)
- Mrs Barbour's Daughters (Oberon Modern Plays)
- Author's Pen and Actor's Voice: Playing and Writing in Shakespeare's Theatre (Cambridge Studies in Renaissance Literature and Culture)
- Jacobean Tragedy: The Quest for Moral Order: Volume 11 (Routledge Library Editions: Renaissance Drama)
Additional resources for The Architect (Modern Plays)
The Architect (Modern Plays) by David Greig